Friday, January 26, 2007





In April, Deacon Andrew and myself are taking a trip to South-East Asia, to Laos (pronounced like 'house') in fact, to visit a friend whom we studied with at Newman and St. Joseph Seminary: Souksavath Nouane Asa. Just recently Souk made it into Zenit so I have posted the article so that you can read yourself. As per new tradition, I have accompanied this post with pics. These are from a trip Souk, Marc, Gary, and myself made to Victoria during which I learned much from Souk about holiness.







Native Laotian Ordained in PaksePAKSE, Laos, JAN. 22, 2007 (Zenit.org).- The Catholic community of Pakse celebrated the first priestly ordination of a native son in 50 years. Last month, Father Andrew Souksavath Nouane Asa was ordained a priest by Bishop Louis Marie Ling Mangkhanekhoun. The Holy See's apostolic delegate for Laos, Archbishop Salvatore Pennacchio, sent a message for the event in which he urged the new priest to strive to live an ever deeper spiritual life and put himself entirely at the service of the small Catholic community in Laos. With Father Andrew, Pakse now has four diocesan priests. The small community of 42,000 Laotian Catholics lives among a mainly Buddhist population of 5.4 million. ZE07012227

2 comments:

Father Gary said...

Our best wishes and felicitations to Holy Father Souky!

Jane said...

Hey Travis!
Good on you for recognising the signs of the times ;). I've generally been happy with blogger, especially that I have access to edit the html when needed.
So you're making a trip in April?! That sounds like it's gonna be so awesome. I read that Zenit article too! And I was totally like, 'I know him! I know him!' Be sur eyou send greetings to Souk for me!! Ooh, btw, does he have a writing address?