Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mixed Blessings

Ok funny story time.

Before Christmas one fellow here at the Seminary asked me to bless his car that he had just aquired. The word got out and six other people asked as well! So one sunny December afternoon we lined up the cars and did a mass blessing, asking the Lord to protect the cars, but especially the drivers from harm and giving thanks to God that he has blessed us with these vehicles.

After I returned from Christmas break I began receiving disheartening news as to some of the students Christmas adventures. One of the cars I blessed got into an accident on the Whitemud, writing off his car. The next got his drivers side mirror kicked off. And just the other day, a truck that I blessed was side swiped, while parked, by a construction vehicle! Don't worry, I have already warned the others as the efficacy of my intercessions. I think I may need to go do some penance....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Penance is to fix all the damage on the said vehicles (hehe)!!

Friartuc said...

Thanks Steve! Can always count on you!