Saturday, May 30, 2009

The New Zune

As some of you may or may not know (or care...), I am a huge anti-supporter of Mac products. This has especially come to head with the abhorrent synonomy between the pop-lingo "MP3 player" and "I-Pod". To counter this, I bought a Microsoft Zune last summer (or need I say a Bill Gates I-Pod unlearned) and I am fairly satisfied with it. That being said, when I use sentences such as, "I listened to my Zune on the way home in my car", it is always countered with "your what?" I am getting slightly tired of peoples techno-ignorance.

The only problem I have had with my Zune is that it is extremely difficult to purchase songs from the Zune Marketplace (think: I Tunes Store). I guess I will just have to continue to steal music the old fashioned way.

Anyway, there is a new, HD version coming soon which I am definetely going to aquire as I have been wanting to upgrade my 4GB anyway. Unfortunately, in grand Microsoft style, the new Zune is more of just a money grab rather than a significant update, apparently. Fortunately, in true Travis-over-the-top-fan-Bill-Gates-awesome style, I like the fact that they are going to charge me money for a product that is essentially the same because hey, I'm comfortable with it and know how to use it so why change it. Makes sense, right...

Thanks again to Penny Arcade for comic'ing all of my favourite things!

4 comments:

andy said...

I've heard that the Zune is quite nice. Apparently most people who have one really like them, often preferring them to the iPod for watching movies and stuff. I've heard that the Zune software (on the PC) is quite good too.

Honestly, apart from them originally being released in "poo brown" (not the official color name), I haven't heard much bad about them. Other than few people actually buy them...

Oh, and the term "squirt", but Microsoft seems to have stopped using that word. It's just ... wrong.

Steve said...

Oh Trav, you are always good for a chuckle...reminds me of the joke...how many....does it take to change a light bulb in the church...None...we hate change! (hehe)

Steve said...

You still alive?

Steve said...

Again you still breathing?