Tuesday, June 08, 2010

My Summer

After a year of crazy newness, I'm looking forward to some time to reflect on what the heck I did these past 12 months. June I am kept busy with school wrapping up but July and August there is no school. Many are envious of teachers who seem to get 2 months of holidays every year while most jobs give you 3 weeks. My summer, however, will see me at camp, vacation bible school, Masses at the parish, as well as just taking some time for myself. I would also like to catch up on parish visitations that gets left behind when the going gets tough. Finally, I need to be pro-active and begin making an action plan for the parish and the High school for next year. No this is not a joke, I am planning on planning. Now, who knows, if the fishing is good, I can always plan next year, right?

In other news, I was ordained on June 19th, 2009, the feast of the Sacred Heart. So is my anniversary this Friday (the Sacred Heart is a movable feast, this year being celebrated on June 11), or is it still June 19?

1 comment:

Steve said...

I am glad that you see your weaknesses, and can use humor to laugh at yourself. This is a great skill to have even if it does not look all that great on the resume! As for move-able feasts, they usually stay on the same date (ie saints days). It's dates like easter and the like that are based off of the non-christian calendar that move, as they are based on the first moon and the like of the older calendar systems...Now don't you wish you paid attention in worship class and did not goof off, Father goof! (hehe)